History

 

Discovery school was founded in 1959 under the name Ripon Nursery School after the public schools no longer offered a 4-year-old kindergarten program. The first teacher, Mrs. Delores Hunger, and 13 students met in the Episcopal Church hall 5 days a week from 9 am to 11 am. Since then it has grown to include an extended care program, more preschool classes and for the first time this year summer wrap care!